PRODUCTS – CLART® ENTHERPEX
CLART® ENTHERPEX is an in vitro diagnostics product for the detection and typing of human Herpesviruses and Enteroviruses, by means of multiplex RT-PCR followed by hibridization with microorganism-specific probes in low-density arrays, based on CLART® Technology.
CLART® ENTHERPEX kit´s purpose is to provide a tool for the identification of disease-causative agents selectied from Herpesviruses and Enteroviruses, thus allowing the establishment of the most effective clinical treatment in each case.
Viruses detected with this kit:
|HHV-1||HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 1||HSV-1|
|HHV-2||HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2||HSV-2|
|HHV-3||VARICELLA ZOSTER VIRUS 3||VZV|
|HHV-6||HUMAN HERPES VIRUS 6||HHV-6|
|HHV-7||HUMAN HERPES VIRUS 7||HHV-7|
|HHV-8||HUMAN HERPES VIRUS 8||HHV-8|
|ENTEROVIRUS||Coxsackievirus, Poliovirus y Echovirus|
Some advantages of this kit are:
- High sensitivity, allowing the detection of minimum quantities of DNA. This constitutes a great advantage for clinical samples containing scarce amounts of viral molecules.
- Simultaneous detection of multiple viruses present in a single sample.
- High specificity, due to the use of a sequence corresponding to a highly preserved region within the viral genome, and binding probes specific to each human herpes and enterovirus type.
- Easy to standardize in a hospital laboratory.
- Fast: Results of the analysis are obtained in 8 h.
Validated sample types
- CEREBROSPINAL FLUID
Automatic interpretation of the results
Analysis if results is performed in a fully automatic way by SAICLART®, the GENOMICA image processing software for microarrays. This software can automatically detect and interpret all the targets present in the image, thus avoiding any subjectivity that might be introduced by the user. The user thus obtains the results in a fast, simple and reproducible way, presented in clear and concise reports that can be printed or exported to the laboratory information management system (LIMS).
* ONLY CMV DIAGNOSTIC HAS BEEN ASSENTED BY THE NB 0318.
1. “L´HHV7: co-facteur des infections méningées á entérovirus?”. Poster presented at RICAI, December 2009.
2. “Evaluation of a new commercial PCR-DNA microarray for rapid and simultaneous detection of 9 viruses responsible for central nervous system infections”. Poster presented at RICAI, December 2009.
3. “Combining Multiplex Reverse Transcription-PCR and a Diagnostic Microarray to Detect and Differentiate Enterovirus 71 and Coxsackievirus A16”. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 44(6), 2212-2219 (2006).
4. “DNA microarrays for virus detection in cases of central nervous system infection”. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 42(12), 5811-5818 (2004).
5. “Rapid Virological Diagnosis of Central Nervous System Infections by Use of a Multiplex Reverse Transcription-PCR DNA Microarray”. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, Nov. 2011, p. 3874–3879 Vol. 49, No. 11.
6. “Human Herpesvirus-6A/B Binds to Spermatozoa Acrosome and Is the Most Prevalent Herpesvirus in Semen from Sperm Donors”. PLOS ONE. November 2012, Vol. 7, Issue 11, e48810.