Family Reunification: How to Request a DNA Testing
Since last November 1st the General Department of Foreign Affairs of Spain has outsourced DNA testing on visa applications for family reunification.
Genomics, founded in 1990, has more than 25 years of experience in conducting DNA analysis and is a leading genetic-forensic identification company in Spain. GENOMICA was the first accredited private company by the National Accreditation Body (ENAC) according to the requirements of ISO / IEC 17025 standard for this type of testing, and the only one able to certify the analysis of adipocytes and stem cells. GENOMICA offers the knowledge and experience gained in its 25 years of history, ensuring the realization of a reliable biological kinship testing and issuing a report that meets the requirements for acceptance in any legal process.
GENOMICA facilitates the management of sampling, guaranteeing the chain of custody and offering the experience of our collaborating centers, present in all the Spanish provinces.
- The visa applicant contacts with the General Department of Foreign Affairs in Spain. A DNA test is required.
- GENOMICA provides the applicant the closest partner office to take the samples.
- The embassy or consulate of Spain in the country of origin calls the applicant family for the sampling.
- Sample analysis (DNA extraction, genetic profile, results and assessment) is done in GENOMICA (Madrid, Spain).
- Issuance and delivery of the report to the embassy or consulate of Spain in the country of origin.
- Completion of visa formalities and reunification.
Dr. Amaya Gorostiza -Genetic Identification Manager-.
Tel: +34 91 674 89 90
(Calling hours: monday to friday from 09:00 to 17:00hs)